Friday, January 26, 2007

Went to the park today



We went to a different park today. This one normally has lots of mallards and geese and what not. So we always save our loaf of bread's ends (no one likes to eat them in my house. lol) so that we can feed them to the ducks. Today, there were only about 4 ducks there. I have never been to that park and didn't encounter twenty or more following us around for more food. Usually, even though it's winter, they stay around because ppl are always feeding them and they don't have to worry about a short supply of food. The kids were a little disappointed especially since the ducks that were there were not interested in our bread. Maybe they stopped liking the bread ends too! lol

Anyway, got a couple of shots. My phone kept ringing while I was there so I didn't get the shots that I wanted. I forgot to turn down my ISO. I have yet to pull out a flash or strobe since this project started and I have been using high ISOs. I forgot to turn this one down. It was so bright out there I could have easily shot at ISO 100 with no problems. :-) Oh well. Next time.

Oh yeah, can you believe they would have to tell idiots to not swim in the murky, yucky, duck poop infested, pond water??????? Gross!

6 comments:

Patti White said...

here in missouri and im not sure about kansas, it is illegal to feed the geese on park property! ecoli infested waters. nice shots.

Anonymous said...

Well they wouldn't have to tell me not to get in the water... :) but there are idiots everywhere.... Sounds like you had a fun day even if the ducks were strangely absent.

Denise said...

That first image is really lovely! It should hang on a wall. And I agree, YUK! Who'd want to swim there???

Anonymous said...

When we were kids, it was OK to swim in the neighborhood Lakes.. BUT, now with all the drainage into them and such.. YUCK!! M

Good Shots, glad you got some FRESH air!! M

Anna said...

Love the first image! Looks like you had a nice day to shoot. I pulled the ISO stunt today myself. I was so mad at myself!

Anonymous said...

Lol about the sign......but you never know what idiots are out there that would swim in duck poop infested murky water.

can't tell that your iso was high. How high?